Glut of Occurences

Taking on the world one word at a time.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Splat

I hit a wall.

Okay, so the wall is only at shin level, but it counts. I realized today that while I have the "big" things worked out in my outline, I have no subplots...and as we all know, subplots make the world go 'round. Or something like that.

So I've been trying to sub-outline. It's not going super well. Do you think it's cheating if I jump around in writing my story. I don't have to go "A B C D E F G". I can go "A B F E Z R F", right? (Yes, I know F is in there twice...)

Oh, and I've come to terms with the idea that I might not graduate this semester. I have 2.5 weeks (approx.) to completely finish my paper (edits and everything). My adviser is slower in getting back to me than I'd like. (Sigh) It's not a huge deal that I might have to do that I guess.

Whatever.

Hope everyone else's day was better!

2 comments:

Kalayna Price said...

Hey Kelly,

Sorry to hear about the shin-high wall. Sounds like jumping is your best bet ^_~
I've met lots of writers who don't write in sequential order. Sometimes it helps to write what you know and then fill in the rest, or start with the climax and then go back and work up to it. So, I think it's a very viable option if it works for you. Good luck!

Bummer about school--I hope everything works out for the best.

Tez Miller said...

I know of some people who've written (or at least tried to) write out of the sequence... and apparently it's a mega pain in the arse.

Have a lovely day! :-)