Glut of Occurences

Taking on the world one word at a time.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Decisions

I had a miniature meltdown earlier. I'm better now. I talked it through with Wesley and decided to postpone my defense. I've officially told my adviser. I feel much more relaxed.

I had to decide a few things for me to be able to finish (and not get to this point again in the spring).
I'm not going back to bed after work or taking Wesley to work. I'm going to work at least two hours a day on the paper and write for fun for at least one hour. And I have to do those three hours of work before Wesley gets home in the evenings. That way I'm accountable to myself.

If I actually work two hours a day on the paper, I think I can be pretty much finished in the next month or so. I've set myself a hard deadline (because I told my adviser and Wesley) of March 1 to be through with defense and post-defense edits.

I am declaring it: I AM NOT A PROCRASTINATOR!

(I think I need theme music.)

Tomorrow I'll contact the department so I can sign up for my one-hour extension class so I stay enrolled.

Okay, I'm off to write for NaNo.

1 comment:

Lylah Ledner said...

My Kelly Girl!....I've got the biggest smile my face can hold....wow...you go woman!

i loved reading your heart....

i love u...

i miss u guys....'me'