Glut of Occurences

Taking on the world one word at a time.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Refusing

I posted my first chapter ever on my OWG. It's amazing how nervous it can make you when you're waiting on someone else to give feedback on your work. It's also liberating. I'm stoked about moving forward with this part of my life.

I'm tired of making half-hearted goals. I want one that's a little more challenging, but engaging enough to keep me involved.

I had a major breakthrough the other night with my Work-in-Progress. I initially was disappointed with the chapter thinking it wasn't a good fit with the plot. So I brainstormed different ways the chapter could have gone. And it turns out, my best option ended up fitting my written chapter perfectly. It was awesome.

I'm also contemplating competing in NaNoWriMo. The forecast for November looks pretty busy regardless, but I'm hoping the added pressure will encourage me to perform on deadline. And I want the Web graphic. heh.

It's amazing how you need that push at times.

2 comments:

off-da-page said...

Well you got my push... you can do it no matter how busy you get. I'm going to be your motivator *Cheeze, glad you doing Nano buddy!

Tez Miller said...

Can't remember if I was ever nervous about showing stuff to the OWG. But sending queries/synopses/partials to agents/editors... now that's nerve-wracking!

Have a lovely day! :-)